Brandied Cherry Scones
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 1/2 cups spelt or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz soft tofu
- 1/4 cup safflower or canola oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milled flaxseeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). In a small bowl, soften cherries in brandy for 30 minutes.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- Combine tofu, oil, lemon juice, vanilla and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Add blended ingredients, flaxseeds, cherries and brandy to flour mixture; stir gently until just mixed.
- Using a floured rolling pin and cutting board, roll dough out into a circle 3/4-inch (2cm) thick. Slice dough into 8 wedges. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.