Barley Beef Supper
- 3/4 lbs extra lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, (one 15-ounce can) broken up with a fork
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup barley, uncooked
- Sauté meat, onions, celery, and green pepper in a large nonstick skillet.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 1 hour, until most of the liquid is absorbed. It should be moist, but not runny.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.