Warm Mushroom and Chicken Salad Provençal
- 12 oz boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and seeded sliced cucumbers
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes. Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Dressing. Serve in lettuce cups.
- Tarragon DressingIn a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.