Chicken Orzo Salad
- 1/4 cup arugula or salad greens and parsely, for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 1/2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 12 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz sliced skinless and boneless chicken breasts, grilled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper. In a small bowl stir together the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. Toss half of the dressing with the mushroom chicken mixture.
- In a large bowl, toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated. Spoon orzo onto a serving platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Garnish with arugula or other salad greens and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.